How to be More Efficient in the Work Place
Updated: Jun 22, 2021
What does efficiency mean?
Efficiency is the ability to avoid wasting materials, energy, efforts, money and time doing something or in producing the desired result. To put it simply, it is the ability to do things well, successfully and without waste.
Efficiency in the workplace helps employees carry out the correct tasks in the right way, with the least waste of time and effort. Improving workplace efficiency is about helping employees work smarter, not harder.
How do I become efficient in the workplace?
Efficiency, effectiveness and productivity are the trifecta of a successful business. All three principles correlate with one another and are impossible to adequately comprehend if any individual concept is ignored. Here are four ways to increase efficiency in the workplace:
1. Minimize distractions
· Create a plan the night before
· Limit technology interruptions
· Organize your workspace
2. Communicate purposefully
· Create a google doc with your team, highlighting the top priorities
· Listen to what others have to say
3. Break up projects into tasks, and tasks into subtasks
· Write down all action steps that lead to the end goal
4. Complete tasks based on priority
· Go through tasks to identify what is urgent vs. important
· Assess the value and act accordingly
How is Invictus Healthcare System efficient?
As 2020 comes to an end, the Invictus Healthcare System’s Leadership Development Team is determined to ring in the New Year with a positive mindset of, “How can we as a clinic be more efficient every day?” It is our desire at Invictus Healthcare System to constantly improve and be the best that we can be for our patients. This allows us to provide exceptional and timely care promoting rapid recovery for each of our patients.